Itinerary in Details:
Day 1: Phnom Penh – Battambang (L, D)
8:00 AM Pick up at your hotel in Phnom Peng and depart for Battambang by overland transfer (290 km. 4-5 hrs drive). Stop at the Silversmith village, see the pottery manufactories in Kompong Chhnang and visit also a fish market.
Lunch at local restaurant along the way. Arrive in Battambang, and check-in at the hotel. Walk through the town to discover its beautiful colonial architecture. Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at Teo Hotel**
Day 2: Battambang (B, L, D)
Breakfast at hotel. Drive along the picturesque Sangker River to Wat Slaket Pagoda, the residence of the provincial Buddhist patriarch Continue to visit Wat Ek Phnom. Visit a market where Prahoc, the Cambodian fish paste, is made. Lunch at local restaurant. Visit the Provincial Museum (closed on Saturdays / Sundays) and the local market. Drive to Phnom Banon, with its five sandstone towers on top of a hill and enjoy a magnificent view of the surrounding plains until sunset. Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight at Teo Hotel**
Day 3: Battambang - Siem Reap (by boat) (B, L)
Breakfast at hotel. Travel by boat to Siem Reap along the Sangkar River; enjoy unspoiled landscapes and traditional daily-life scenes. Stop at Cheur Khmao Pagoda, “Black Wood Pagoda”, in Bak Prier floating village and cross the Biosphere Reserve and the floating villages of Prek Tuol Picnic lunch on board.
Continue by boat across the Tonle Sap lake to Chhoeung Kneas floating village. Arrive at Siem Reap port and transfer to Siem Reap town.
Note: Best period of the year to do this tour is from August to February. In the remaining months the water level of the river will be too low, which will extend the navigation time or even make the tour impossible.
- Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Accommodation at selected hotel or similar
- Private English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary with local foods (B= breakfast; L=Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
- Boat cruise
- Mineral Water and towel
- Government taxes & Service charges
- Visa in Cambodia (available at airport at 20 USD)
- Pre and post trip
- Hotel in Phnompenh & Siemreap
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
- Tips and gratuities