Tour Highlights: Accommodation Options
• Bac Ha is where you'll want to stock up on water buffalo, pigs and horses.
• To know about handicrafts made by some of the 10 Montagnard groups living near here - Flower Hmong, Dzao, Giay (Nhang), Han (Hoa), Xa Fang, Lachi, Nung, Phula, Thai and Thulao.
• will have a welcome feeling at any house of the hospitable people.
• You can interact them, learn about their culture and customs.
Detailed Itinerary in Details
Night 1: Saturday, Hanoi – Sapa night train
Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi, transfer to the train station to take the night train to Lao cai. The train leaves Hanoi around 20:30. Overnight on train.
Day 1: Lao Cai - Bac Ha market ( must be on Sunday)- Sapa (B, L)
After meeting a guide at the Lao Cai railway station we have breakfast there and make two hours trip to the Bac Ha market. The beginning of the day on which you visit a big market filled with many different hill-tribe peoples. This is the most colourful market in North Vietnam. At the market, you have chance to enjoy BacHa people's simple but unique kinds of food with special wines made from rice, cassavas, corn and different sorts of fruits such as plumps, apples, peaches... talking to the minorities through the guide's interpretation. Leave the market for the H'mong King's house (King Hoang A Tuong) built by the French colonists and the Chinese in 1920. Return the town for lunch. In the afternoon, spend time visiting another village (BanPho village) Say good bye to BacHa and get back to Sapa. Reach Sapa late in the afternoon. Check in hotel.
Day 2: Cat cat - Lao chai - Ta van hill tribe village night train back Hanoi (B, L)
After having breakfast at hotel we embark on a lovely trek that will take us along buffalo paths and trails and through several hill tribe villages Lao Chai & Ta Van, home to Black H'mong, and Dzay people. This is an absolutely spectacular walk through stunning scenery inhabited by some of the friendliest people you can meet. Once on the valley floor you can really appreciate the wonderful scenery that surrounds you. The walls of the valley are covered with multi-layered rice terraced fields and scattered villages. Enjoy lunch at a family in Tavan Village.
Afternoon do the a tour to the hill tribe villages of Cat Cat, and Sansaho village home to the H'mong hill tribes minority peoples. As we walk to the villages nestled in the valley below Sapa, we will meet some of the local minority people on their way to and from Sapa. Here we have the opportunity to share cultural experiences with the families that live in the area.
Return to Sapa and then transfer to Lao Cai railway station to get night train to Hanoi. The guide sees you off at Lao Cai train station and takes you on the train.Overnight on the train. Arrive in Hanoi early morning next day, around 05:00AM, please take a taxi to your hotel. End of tour.
Thank you for traveling with Asia View Travel.
| Location || Superior || First class || Deluxe |
| Sapa || H’mong Sapa 3* || Chau Long II 4* || Victoria Sapa 4* |
- All accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- All tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English or French speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B= breakfast; L=Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Round tirp train ticket with soft sleep 4 berth/cabin Hanoi – Lao cai, Lao cai – Hanoi
- Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
- Mineral water & towel
- Government taxes & Service charges
- Pre & Post trip
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Surcharge on Christmas, New Year and our Lunar New Year
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills, soft drink during meals
- Tips and gratuities