Itinerary in Brief: Day 1: Ho chi minh arrival ( D) Day 2: Ho chi minh – Cu chi tunnel ( B, L ) Day 3: Ho chi minh – Mekong delta – Ho chi minh ( B, L ) Day 4: Ho chi minh departure ( B ) Itinerary in Details:
Day 1: Ho chi minh arrival (D) Breakfast at hotel, free for shopping until transfer to the airport for your departure flight. Say goodbye Vietnam. Accommodation Options
Arrive at Tan Son Nhat airport, transfer to Ho chi minh city center, still called Sagion by many locals. The city is crowded with motorbikes and cars, excited by numerous shopping area and sidewalk cafés. A short city tour takes us to the Reunification Palace which was the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until end of April 1975, some beautiful French colonial structures including the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Saigon Post Office, Opera House. We also visit the bustling Ben Thanh Market where anything and everything is for sale. Dinner at local restaurant and overnight at hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 2: Ho chi minh city – Cu chi tunnel ( B, L )
Pick up at hotel, travel by roads to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels. At the height of the Vietnam war, the tunnel system stretched from the outskirts of Saigon all the way to the Cambodian border of over 250 kilometers of tunnels. The tunnel system, built over 25 years starting in the 1940s, let the Viet Minh and, later, the Viet Cong control a huge rural area. It was an underground city with living areas, kitchens, storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers. In places, it was several stories deep and housed up to 10,000 people who virtually lived underground for years.... getting married, giving birth, and going to schools.
Transfer back Ho chi minh city for lunch. Afternoon we’ll head to Cholon or Chinatown to experience first-hand Chinese influence on Vietnamese society. Light some incense at the Thien Hau Pagoda, visit traditional Chinese herbalists and famous silk shops.
Overnight at hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 3: Ho chi minh – Mekong delta – Ho chi minh ( B, L)
You will be picked up at your hotel, transfer to My Tho, 80km from Ho chi minh city. It takes you around 2 hours to get the area. This trip provides a look at a wide variety of the life and scenery on Vietnam River from the peaceful Delta. The huge ships, which come from many different countries moving slowly, quietly along the river is what you will see at the Saigon River. Do not miss this sight! On the way you will see daily activities of local people along the river sellers and buyers bargaining, exchanging fish, the products that they got from their working on the sea. From My Tho, you will ride on a local motor boat around Dragon Island, Unicorn Island, Phoenix Island, Turtle Island and stop at the famous Unicorn Island. While at the Unicorn Island, you will take a short trek and go for a rowing boat trip. You will also enjoy lunch, tropical fruit and free time bike ride in the rural village. Take 2 hour drive back Ho chi minh city, check in, relax, free at leisure.
Day 4: Ho chi minh departure (B)
| Location || Standard 3* || Superior 3* || First class 4* || Deluxe 5* |
| Saigon || Ruby River 3* || Tan Hai long hotel &spa 3* || Grand Silverland 4* || Majestic 5* |
- All accommodation in double / twin room with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- All tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Boat cruise as stated
- Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
- Mineral water & towel
- Government taxes & Service charges
Policy for children:
- International flights to and from Vietnam
- Vietnam visa
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Surcharge on Christmas, New Year and our Lunar New Year
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills
- Tips and gratuities
- Child under 6 years old sharing room with two adults without extra bed: Free of charge
- Child 6-under 12 years old sharing room with two adults without extra bed: 50% of adult cost
- Child 6-under 12 years old sharing room with two adults with extra bed: 75% of adutl cost
- Child 12 years old and above: 100% of adult cost